When you open the Dentrix Perio module, the last saved exam for the selected patient is shown. Did you know that you can use this saved exam as a starting point for a new exam? That way, you only have to make changes to the measurements and other data that is different from the last visit and not have to enter all new measurements for each tooth. Talk about a time saver!
- With a patient selected in the Perio module, select File > New Exam. Select the date and provider for the new exam and click OK.
- Enter only the measurements and other data that has changed since the last exam.
- Click Save Exam and select All Entries.
- When saving the exam, you have two options:
- Select All Entries to save the exam with both the new measurements you changed today and the old measurements you didn’t change.
- Select New Entries to only save the measurements you changed today. For example, if all the measurements were the same except for those on tooth 16 and 17 (which you updated), selecting New Entries will save the exam with only the measurements for teeth 16 and 17 and the measurements for all other teeth would be blank.
For additional information about perio exams, read these articles: