Did you know that you can rearrange toolbar buttons in Dentrix? On each workstation, you can re-order the buttons into a configuration that makes sense for you. Keep in mind though, that customizing a toolbar only affects the workstation where the customization occurred—not any other workstations.
You can customize Dentrix toolbars in one of two ways, depending on the Dentrix module you are working in.
Customizing the Appointment Book, Family File, Ledger, or Office Manager Toolbars
- Right-click anywhere on the toolbar and select Customize Toolbar.
- The Customize Toolbar window is divided into two sections, Available Buttons (those not currently in use on the toolbar) and Toolbar Buttons (those currently in use). Do any of the following to customize the toolbar:
- To remove a button from the toolbar, select an item in the Toolbar Buttons list and click the “<” button to move it to the Available Buttons list.
- To add a button to the toolbar, select an item in the Available Buttons list and click the “>” button to move it to the Toolbar Buttons list.
- To rearrange the order in which a button appears on the toolbar, select an item in the list and click the Move Up or Move Down button until the selected item is in the position you want. Repeat this process for other buttons as needed.
- To return the buttons to the module’s default settings, click the Default button.
- Use Separators to set up groups of buttons:
- To add a Separator, select the —Separator— option in the Available Buttons list and move it to the Toolbar Buttons list and position it as needed.
- To move a Separator in the Toolbar Buttons list, select it and position it as needed.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Note: The Toolbar Buttons list, from top to bottom, represents how the button arrangement will appear on the actual module toolbar from left to right.
- When you move a button from the Available Buttons list to the Toolbar Buttons list, the button is automatically set at the bottom of the list. Move the button within the list as needed.
- For more information about customizing the toolbars for the Appointment Book, Family File, Ledger, and Office Manager view Customizing the Dentrix Toolbars in Dentrix Help.
Customizing the Patient Chart, Document Center, Questionnaires, or Treatment Planner Toolbars
Customizing a toolbar works differently in the Patient Chart, Document Center, Treatment Planner, and Questionnaires modules. For more information about customizing toolbars in these modules, read the following:
- Create an Environment for Efficiency and Accuracy with Customizing Your Toolbars
- Customizing Toolbars (While this Dentrix Help topic specifically deals with the Patient Chart, a similar process works for the other modules mentioned above.)