You can use the initial appointment reasons list in the Appointment Information dialog box for quick access to procedures or codes you frequently add to appointments.
For example, if you offer a discount on whitening trays and many of your patients are asking for that service, add that code to the Initial Reasons list so that you can add it to appointments quickly.
The list of initial appointment reasons is set up in Definitions in the Office Manager. Codes that have been added to the list from the Office Manager are then available in the Appointment Book.
- From the Office Manager, click Maintenance > Practice Setup > Definitions.
- In the Definition Type drop-down list, select Appointment Reasons.
- Enter the procedure code and description of the procedure you want to add, and then click Add.
- You cannot add procedures that require a tooth number, surface, quadrant, or sextant to the Initial appointment reasons list.
- You can have up to 20 procedures listed in the Initial appointment reasons list.