With mid- year fast approaching, it’s important to make sure that your patients have taken full advantage of their insurance benefits by receiving the care they need. You can use Dentrix to find patients who are overdue for continuing care and to find patients who have unscheduled treatment plans and still have insurance benefits remaining. Once you find these patients, you can encourage them to come in for treatment, which will improve their dental health and your bottom line.
To find patients who are overdue for continuing care, follow the instructions below. To find patients who have unscheduled treatment plans and insurance benefits remaining, see our post titled, Mining for Gold – 3 Reports to Use in Your Search for Unscheduled Treatment.
- Open the Appointment Book and click the Continuing Care button to open the Continuing Care module for all patients.
- In the Continuing Care module, click Views > Overdue. This will open a list of all patients who are overdue for a continuing care reason.
OR, if you want to set up a temporary view and customize your search options:
- In the Continuing Care module, click Views > Temporary View.
- Set the following options to create a new view to show only patients that are overdue for continuing care.
- Type: Select the type of continuing care you want search for, or select ALL to search all types.
- Status: ALL
- Scheduled Appt?: ONLY WITHOUT
- Due Date: Select Use Date Range and enter a range of dates when patients were due for continuing care with and End Date of today.
- Billing Type: from ALL to ALL
- Prior Treatment Date Span: Enter the range of dates you want to search.
- Last Visit Date Span: Enter the range of dates you want to search.
- Provider: Select the continuing care provider you want to search for, so select ALL to include all providers.
- Click OK to generate a list of matching results.
You can access the Office Journal from the Continuing Care module, so you can keep track of the phone calls you make to each patient. You can print the list of patients who are overdue for continuing care by selecting File > Print.