When you receive several patient payments in the mail after a billing cycle, the thought of entering all those payments in Dentrix may be daunting. But did you know you can enter multiple patient payments at once without having to go into each individual patient’s Ledger?
That’s where the Batch Payment Entry feature comes in. With this feature, you can enter several patient payments from one window with all the same payments options you’re used to having. And best of all, you’ll have a chance to double-check your totals and fix any mistakes before you post the payments.
- In the Ledger, click File > Enter Batch Payments.
- Click the Patient button, search for the first patient who whom you will post a payment, and click OK.
- Enter the details of the payment as you normally would, and click OK. The payment details are listed in the Batch Payment log.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for all other patient payments.
- When you have finished entering all payments for the batch, compare the Batch Totals and Entries fields with your original documents. If there is a discrepancy, highlight the incorrect entry and click Edit to correct the payment details.
- Click Close to post the payments to the patients’ accounts and return to the Ledger.
For more information, read the Entering Batch Patient Payments topic in the Dentrix Help.