As a Certified Dentrix trainer I often get asked the question, “What can I do to access the data I need more quickly and easily?” The More Information icon can give you the data you need very quickly. I find this tends to be an under-utilized icon that can be a big time-saver for your office.
You can find the More Information icon in the Dentrix Appointment Book, Patient Chart, Family File, Ledger, and Document Center.
After choosing a patient and selecting the icon, the More Information window gives you the following valuable information about the patient and any other family members (providing they are in the same Family File):
- Past, future, and unscheduled appointments
- Appointment Reason (what the highlighted appointment is for)
- Indication if a lab case is attached
B. Continuing Care
- Due dates for each continuing care type and if an appointment is scheduled for that type
C. Family Account Information
- Family balance including account aging
- Payment agreement information (if applicable)
- Account billing type
- Last Payment Date
- Last Insurance Payment Date
- Last Billing Statement Date
- Ability to go right to the Ledger from this screen
D. Patient Demographic Information
- Patient birth date, address, e-mail addresses, phone numbers
- Ability to quickly add an Office Journal entry from this screen
You have the option to view all this information for each patient in the family simply by selecting that patient at the top of the window.
Here are some examples of questions patients may ask that you can quickly answer just by using the More Information window:
“When was my last appointment and what was it for?”
“When am I due for a cleaning?”
When are my spouse and children due for their cleanings?”
“What address do you have on file for me?”
“What is my balance?”
“When is my next payment due?”
Because I’m able to answer all these questions and access all this type of information from just one window, I find it to be my go-to tool to quickly access the information I’m looking for. Try using the More Information icon instead of accessing the information from other areas in Dentrix and see how much time you can save!
Charlotte Skaggs, Certified Dentrix Trainer
Charlotte Skaggs is the founder of Vector Dental Consulting LLC, a practice management firm focused on taking offices to the next level. Charlotte co-owned and managed a successful dental practice with her husband for 17 years. She has a unique approach to consulting based on the perspective of a practice owner. Charlotte has been using Dentrix for almost 20 years and is a certified Dentrix trainer. Contact Charlotte at [email protected]