When a patient needs to come in for a series of appointments, such as a crown prep followed by a crown seat, use the Schedule Next feature in the Appointment Book to speed up the appointment-making process. After you schedule the first appointment, Dentrix will open a new Appointment Information dialog box that’s already populated with the same patient and provider so that you can quickly continue scheduling the series.
- In the Appointment Book, double-click the time you want to schedule the first appointment, and enter the appointment information for the patient as you normally would.
- Click the Schd. Next button.
Dentrix will add the first appointment you created to the Appointment Book and open a new Appointment Information dialog box with the same patient and provider(s) already filled in for you.
- Enter the appointment information for the next appointment and click the Pinboard button to add the appointment to the Pinboard.
- From the Pinboard drag and drop the appointment to an appropriate date and time in the schedule.
- If you need to schedule additional appointments in the series, double-click the appointment you just scheduled from the Pinboard to open the Appointment Information dialog box.
- Click the Schd. Next button to open a new Appointment Information dialog box, and repeat these steps.
- You can also use the Schedule Next feature when you schedule a patient for a series of fillings on opposite sides of the mouth, scaling and root planing, or orthodontic checkups.