Do you have patients with flexible schedules? Those who are willing to come in sooner than scheduled, or maybe even willing to be rescheduled to accommodate another patient? If so, you’re in luck. Dentrix has a special place for this kind of patient, and it’s called the Open List.
To move a patient’s appointment to the Open List, in the Appointment Information dialog box, set their Schedule Type to OPEN.
This places the patient’s appointment on the Open List but does not remove it from the Appointment Book. Patients on the Open List are patients who you know ahead of time have a flexible schedule and could be moved around. When you have a patient who has limited flexibility and you are having a hard time finding an opening for them, check the Open List to see if you can create a space for that patient by moving a more flexible patient.
The Open List is one of the lists found in the Appointment Book. To find patients who have an Open Schedule Type:
- From the Appointment Book toolbar, select Appt Lists.
- Click Setup > Appointment List View.
- From the Appointment List Setup, select the provider(s), and operatories to include in the list.
- Under Appt Type, select Open.
- In the Span of Search fields, select the span of time to include in the search.
- Click Close to generate a list of patients that match your criteria.
- When you contact the patient on the list and they agree to reschedule, you can either drag the appointment from the OPEN List directly to an open spot on the Appointment Book to fill a hole, or drag it to the Pinboard while you find an open spot. Dentrix will ask you to confirm that you want to move the appointment.