When a patient calls and wants to know when their next appointment is, you could open the Appointment Book, click Options > Locate Existing Appointment, enter their name, click the search button, select their name from a list of scheduled appointments, and finally click the View Appointment button to view their appointment in the Appointment Book. But, whew, that’s a lot of mouse clicks!
As a time-saving alternative, you can search for and select the patient’s name in eDex, and their next appointment date and time will instantly display for you! And with a single mouse click, you can open the Appointment Book and view their appointment! eDex is a fast, efficient way to find exactly what you need.
To find a patient’s next appointment using eDex:
- In the eDex module, type the first few characters of the patient’s last name in the search field, and matching results will display in the eDex list.
- Select the patient, if more than one patient appears with the same last name.
- On the right side of the screen, you can view their next appointment date and time.
- If the patient has an appointment scheduled, you can click the drop-down list and update the Appointment Status. For example, you can confirm the appointment while the patient is on the phone, and select FIRM from the list. The status of the appointment will be updated throughout Dentrix.
- To view the appointment in the Appointment Book, click the Open Appointment Book to appointment icon. From the Appointment Book, you can make changes to the appointment, move it to the Pinboard, etc.
- To limit your search to only include current patients, use the Set Filters option in eDex.
- You could also search for a patient using their phone number, or address.
- eDex does not display past appointments. For example if it is 1:00 pm and a patient’s appointment was at 10:00 am, eDex will not display the 10:00 am appointment, even though it’s on the same date.
- If a patient has more than one future appointment, only the next appointment will display in eDex.
- If a patient does not have an upcoming appointment, “No Future Appointment” will display in the Appt field.
Read the Setting Filters, Searching for Contacts, and Locating Next Appointments topics in Dentrix Help.