Any time you need to jump ahead in the Appointment Book by more than a few days, you could use the Calendar button or repeatedly click the Forward button to do so. But there must be an easier way, right? There is with flip tabs!
With flip tabs, you can quickly navigate the Appointment Book because they act like bookmarks or placeholders in a paper schedule. They allow you to jump a few days, weeks, or months at a time, making it simple to find and view future appointment times.
And you can set up flip tabs for the intervals you most frequently use in your office, such as four months for a prophy, or two weeks for a crown placement.
In Dentrix, you can set up 12 different flip tabs—four flip tabs for each Appointment Book view: Day View, Week View, and Month View.
Here’s how to set up flip tabs:
- In the Appointment Book, select Setup > Flip Tabs Setup.
- Select the Day View, Week View, or Month View tab to create a flip tab within that view.
- Enter a Description for the flip tab that identifies how far ahead the schedule will jump, such as “2 Weeks”.
- If desired, edit the flip tab’s text color by clicking the Text Color button. Just remember that the text will appear on a gray background, so pick a contrasting color.
- Select one of these options from the Type drop-down:
- Select Absolute if you want the tab to jump to a specific date. For example, November 2, 2019. Then enter a date in the field provided.
- Select Relative to jump the schedule forward (or backward) by a specified time period. For example, 14 days forward. Then select whether you want to jump relative to today’s date, or the date currently displayed in the Appointment Book.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for each flip tab you want to create.
- Click OK to save and exit.
Read the Setting Up Flip Tabs topic in Dentrix Help.