During the course of a single day, you routinely use procedure codes that require additional tooth information (such as surfaces, quadrants, etc). Do you get tired of entering this same information every time you post a procedure? Dentrix allows you to create multi-codes with this information already stored, which will save you time when posting work.
You can preset the surfaces for procedure codes by setting them up as a multi-code.
To set up a multi-code:
- In the Maintenance menu in the Office Manager, point to Practice Setup > Multi-Code Setup. Then click New to open the Multi-Code Editor.
- Type a Description (up to 31 characters) for the multi-code.
- In the Multi-Code field, type three characters. Multi-codes always have five character names. The first two characters are “xx” and you choose the last three.
- Type an Abbreviated Description of up to nine characters. This description shows in the Appointment Description field in the Appointment Information dialog box, as well as on the face of the appointment in the schedule.
- Select an Appointment Type from the list.
- In the Type group box, select Standard.
- Click the Add button.
- Next select the CDA Code option, click the search button, select the procedure code, and click OK.
- In the group box, select the surfaces, quadrant, or sextant appropriate to the procedure code.
- Click OK to add this procedure to the multi-code.
- Repeat steps 7-10 to add additional procedures to this multi-code as needed.
- When you have finished adding procedure codes, click OK to close the Multi-Code Editor and save the multi-code.
Once created, the multi-code is available to be selected when creating future appointments. You can also create a procedure button in the Patient Chart for this multi-code, if desired.