The Collections Manager assists in your collections efforts by enabling you to quickly access and then act upon account information. You set the criteria for the accounts you want to find and the Collections Manager displays a list of those accounts.
For example, you can use the Collections Manager to follow up with patients on a payment plan who are behind on their payments. Generate a list of patients on the payment plan billing type who have missed more than 1 payment, have a minimum account balance of $10, and are over 30 days past due.
To find patients who have missed a payment:
- From the Office Manager, click Analysis > Collections Manager.
- Select the billing type, number of missed payments, and minimum balance to find patients who match your search criteria.
- Click OK to load the list.
- The Collections Manager is an interactive list that links to many other areas of Dentrix. From the Collections Manager, you can make a phone call, create an email message, merge a collections letter, make notes about the contact in the Office Journal, add guarantor notes, set up a payment agreement, or change a billing type.
- Click the Show Columns button when creating a view to customize the information that appears in the list and the order in which it appears.
- For more information on using the Collections Manager, see the various topics in the Dentrix Help under Collections Manager.