Sometimes patients who have been away for several years move back into the area and come back to your practice. If you archived these patients and they return to your practice, you can easily reactivate them in Dentrix.
When you reactivate the patient, their address, procedures, insurance claims, payments, adjustments, medical alerts, prescriptions, patient questionnaires, and periodontal exams are all restored.
- From the Family File, open the Select Patient dialog box and check Include Archived Patients.
- Select the archived patient you want to reactivate, and click OK.
- In the Family File window, double-click the Patient Information block.
- Click OK to the message that appears. Dentrix will change the patient status from Archived to Patient.
- The Include Archived Patients checkbox option is only available when selecting a patient from the Family File.
- When an archived patient is reactivated, view the Patient Notes to see information regarding their previous continuing care, employer, insurance, and referral settings (if any).
- To see a list of all archived patients, generate the Archived Patient List. From the Office Manager, select Reports > Lists > Archived Patient List and enter filtering criteria to generate the list.