Because you are a busy dental clinic with several front office staff members, sometimes the same documents are unknowingly scanned more than once and stored in the Dentrix Document Center.
If you have duplicate files or have attached a document to the wrong patient in the Document Center, it is okay to delete that document to reduce redundancy and save storage space.
- Open the Document Center and select a patient that has duplicate documents.
- From the patient’s document tree, select the document you want to delete, and click Edit > Delete Selected Document(s).
- Click OK to delete the document, or if a document is attached to more that one source, a message appears giving you the option to delete the current document only, or to delete the document for all attachments. Select the appropriate option and click OK.
- You cannot delete a document that has been signed.
- You can also delete documents by first selecting them and using the Delete Selected Documents(s) button on the Document Center toolbar, or by selecting the document and right-clicking and then selecting Delete Document.
- To learn more, read the Deleting Documents topic in Dentrix Help