Did you know, that if you generate a Patient Visit Form (instead of a patient route slip), you can customize up to three specific continuing care types you want to see information on– for all family members. Patient route slips are limited to showing the date of when a family member was last seen for a prophy, and when they are due again.
So, for example, if you are seeing a parent for an appointment today, you can refer to their Patient Visit Form and see 1) when their children were last seen for continuing care, 2) when they are due, and 3) whether they have an appointment scheduled. Then, as you schedule a follow-up appointment for the parent, you can schedule the needed continuing care appointments for the rest of the family at the same time!
Here’s how to do it:
- In the Appointment Book, select a patient appointment.
- Click File > Patient Visit Form.
- Check the Include Family Information box, and use the drop-down lists to select which continuing care type(s) are shown on the form.
- Select other form options as needed and then click and option to Preview, Send to Batch, or Print the form.
- To generate the form for multiple patients at a time, from the Office Manager, click Reports > Lists > Patient Visit Form. Select the information to print on the form and choose a print option.
- If you want to always include (or exclude) certain information on the form, make your selections and then check Save as Default before closing the dialog box.