If you have one provider in your office who prefers to scheduled his crown appointments in the mornings, and another provider who prefers to see new patients from 3-5 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you can set up time blocks in Dentrix that match their preferences.
- From the Appointment Book menu, select Setup > Provider Setup.
- Select a provider and click Setup.
- In the Set Time Blocks group box, click Add.
- Give the time block a name, such as NP Appt or Crowns, and select a color that will be used to designate it on the schedule.
- Select the day(s) and time(s) for the time block, and select an operatory and appointment type for the block.
- Click OK.
Once the time blocks are assigned, turn on the Perfect Day Scheduling function to see those blocks on the Appointment Book. The Perfect Day Scheduling button is the last button on the Appointment Book toolbar, and toggles on or off with each click.
When you attempt schedule appointments within a time block, Dentrix checks to see if the appointment matches the type of appointment the block has been set up for. A notification appears if the provider or appointment type doesn’t match the settings of the time block. You can override the message and schedule the appointment anyway, if needed, but the notification serves as a reminder to keep that time available for certain types of appointments.